Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tangy

Love, they say, is an act
of faith and that too blind
Oblivious, to my lack of tact
I set out with an open mind.

Poetry and prose scattered
on blue pages of my washed out blog
As though nothing else mattered
Except the comment space you hog.

Come hither, beckoned the monsoonal call
Jump in the puddle and splash me with mud
Let the number of clicks and links not matter at all
Litter, all over my page, your well-chewed cud.

As the world screamed, work!, in capital mails
A small `heylo' sneaked in and sat
A smiley hugged, winked and embarked on tales
Vexing my answers with questions pat.

O moi valentine, so I say today
My tangy, imli-sauteed-papri-chaat
Let my tummy complain from now till May
I'll eat you with all my heart.

Imli is the hindi word for Tamarind. Papri Chaat is an Indian fast food. See here for more.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect gift for Valentine's!! Lucky girl! ;)

    Belated Happy Valentine's to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIIIIIIIIII!!!! JUST got back home and so am on a running blogging greeting spree!! its great to be back in the blogsphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @artismarti: Welcome to the blog n thanks! Keep visiting.

    @mirage: :) Thank you!

    @grafx: Heylo!!! :) Yayyyy! :D

    ReplyDelete