Monday, January 08, 2007

There comes a time

There comes a time in one's life when...

When the world around explodes
When the mind refuses to let go
When all the heart can feel is misery
When the only hope in life is love

When decisions are out of pain borne
When all choices to be made are hard
When everything is out of control
When memories are the only things intact

When only distances seem large
When a countdown is a life saver
When slavery is a form of respite
When a voice is the only calm

When I live from second to second
When I learn to fight my own demons
When I have fallen so far and for so long
That I no longer fear falling for you, again.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful!!
    "When decisions are out of pain borne"
    thats so true....
    "When memories are the only things intact "
    loved this line also...

    but you didnt mention of all the happiness also...life is incomplete without that...

    loved this poem

    :) :)
    preetha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @preetha: Ah! don't you see the happy things in there, or perhaps its just me... I am happy with what I have :)

    ReplyDelete